Retrieved from the WayBack machine and rehosted.
This page is
only up for historical purposes now. See code on
GitHub for modern
code. Also see this post for
discussion about Sage with newer versions of Linux.
ADOM Sage - Frontend for ADOM
(See the brief description and disclaimer below if you don't know
what any of this stuff is.)
ADOM Sage 0.9.1 for ADOM 1.0.0 through 1.1.1
- For Windows
- adom-sage-0.9.1.msi (392 KB) - If you already have Windows Installer on your computer (for example, if you're running Windows 2000 or Windows XP), you should be able to save download time by only downloading this MSI setup package.
- adom-sage-0.9.1.zip (3,734 KB) - If the MSI package doesn't work, download this complete installer instead.
- For Linux
- Readme file (also included in each of the above packages)
- Changelog (detailed list of changes in the new version; also included in above pacakges)
Download the setup program and run it. A couple of notes to be aware of:
- ADOM Sage requires that the Linux version of ADOM be installed in the
same directory for it to work. The ADOM Sage setup program will
download the Linux version of ADOM 1.1.1 if you wish. If the setup
program fails to work, or if you'd prefer to do it manually, click here for instructions.
- If you want to use saved games and high scores from a previous installation
of ADOM, please make sure to install ADOM Sage to the directory where your
old version of ADOM is installed. The DOS version of ADOM, ADOM Sage, and
the Linux version of ADOM can exist in the same directory without any ill
- Download the package.
- Untar the package with the following command: tar xvf
- If you downloaded the source, run make.
- Copy adom-sage and adom-sage.so to your directory containing adom.
- Run adom-sage instead of adom.
- If your screen display is messed up, please see the section on
Graphics in the README file.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions concerning
ADOM Sage, please contact me.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
(from the README file)
ADOM Sage is a frontend to ADOM that adds various usability enhancements and
minor bugfixes. A quick list of added features:
- Colored messages
- Spell and mindcraft screens now display range, damage, and duration.
- Support for block- and line-drawing characters (instead of #, -, |)
- Support for alternate cursor styles
- Mouse support while targeting (currently only on Linux)
- Suppression of excess messages while in the ToEF
- The ability to automatically swap places with neutral creatures
- Shortened monster names (e.g., "Kranach" instead of "Kranach, the
- Commands to set the dynamic display or to repeat the last command entered
- Pressing < or > while teleporting moves the cursor to the up/down stairs
- Several other miscellaneous features
All of these options can be separately enabled or disabled.
Additionally, ADOM Sage for Windows runs ADOM as a native Windows program,
which means that it should run much better under Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
Click here for a description of how ADOM
(also from the README file)
I am not affiliated with ADOM or with Thomas Biskup in any way.
Please do not send Thomas bug reports based off of bugs encountered
while playing ADOM through ADOM Sage. There's a pretty good chance
that the bug is actually in ADOM Sage; please confirm that the
bug exists when playing ADOM without the Sage before submitting it
Please do not send RFEs (requests for enhancement) to Thomas based off
of features in ADOM Sage. Most of these features have already
been RFE'd. If you want to submit an RFE base off of a feature in
ADOM Sage anyway, please at least first submit it for discussion to
the rec.games.roguelike.adom newsgroup.