2.3. Asgard defense instructions
THE THREE KEYS TO DEFENDING ASGARD
1. CLEAR THE NEUTRAL STACKS
2. KEEP THE DRONES STOCKED
3. SHUT THE FTORP STATIONS DOWN
the drones are up, Asgard is hell to raid. It takes a lot of effort and
money to knock down the drones, but once they are down, the planet is
takable. Your job is to ensure that they stay up.
a raid the planet will be neutral/aggy droned. The drone clearer's task
is to wipe out these drones without getting hammered by the escorts so
that the dronestockers are able to get to the planet without running
into stacks and losing drones. HIGH TURNS NECESSARY.
12218 - Interceptor, SSJD, MEs
12041 - PHPs, BFG
12218 - Man upgrades
12209 - Flak cannons
15383 - PA
13088 - Interceptor, SSJD, Scanners, ME
14074 - PHPs
10052 - BFG, man upgrades
23155 - Flak cannons
1. Check for drone stacks on sectors adjacent sectors. Clear any.
2. Set your drone aura to NEGATIVE.
3. Set your weaponry to 2x Primaries Only
3. MOVE into planet sector. You will hit drones. Immediately move out (to an adjacent sector)
4. REPAIR ALL quickly.
5. Repeat until drones are cleared.
stockers transport drones from planets/other stations to Asgard,
forcing them to suicide raiders to bring them down. If the reload
stations are closed and enough drones are stocked, the planet is
HIGH TURNS NECESSARY.
Drone based warships and resourcers should participate in drone stocking.
Ships with lots of turns that are NOT dronebased should reship if needed into:
High Align: (15k area)
15106 - Carrier, Drone Hangers, SSJD, DT.
9234 - SRG
Low Align: (9k area)
9355 - Carrier, Drone Hangers
9311 - SSJD
9234 - SRG
23155 - DT
Low Align: (14k area)
14126 - Carrier
14074 - SSJD, DT
23155/13088 - Drone Hangers
Likely these will be shut down by the raiders when you begin drone
stocking. If that's the case, or you're positive align, use drones from
the other 11k/23k planets.
1. Wait for drone clearers to clear the sector of neutral stacks, if possible.
2. JUMP to the planet (23081). DOCK ASAP. If you hit a stack, MOVE OUT OF SECTOR, go get more drones, and try again.
All drone stockers need to drop their drones at the SAME TIME. Small
numbers of drones can be handled by normal raiders. Large numbers of
drones forces them to stop and use ftorp suiciders, or they lose
4. Repeat as needed.
players are needed to shut down the reload stations of 14126 and 22556
to stop the enemy from buying ftorps. Without ftorps, Asgard's drones
will not be touched. Combined with drone stockers, this will stop the
1. In serious large raids TWO players
linked by MOP or FA are needed. They can be any combination of
Derivian, Wraith, Kitaran or Zalluns.
2. Ship up in these. FILL ALL PHP slots with weapons (any weapons will do)
3. Set weapons mode to 2x evade, primaries only.
4. Set to same squad.
IF THE STATIONS ARE BEING CAMPED (and they will be) this is a suicide
mission. You must be precise to the second on your timing...
6. Plot station sector.
7. Get within ONE JUMP of the station (you must be in the station)
8. Designate who will fire on the station.
8. Agree on a time at which you will jump, TO THE SECOND. IE. 13:15:40.
9. Refresh constantly. THE SECOND THE AGREED ON TIME SHOWS, hit the jump button.
10. Trigger fires on the station.
the stations have been shut down previously, this must happen EVERY
REFRESH for the duration of the raid. If this is the case, time your
jump for the xx:30:00 mark or the xx:00:00 mark so as to shut down the